Hey all this is more of a quick note and not a full post. As some of you might know the rules that surround subscribers and feeds and emails have all recently changed. I’m not 100% sure of all that goes into that and what that involves outside of my tiny bubble, but for me it has meant a couple of key things.
- I now have a legit email with my blog address! What!? I know it’s kind of crazy. So yeah, if you want to email me you can totally shoot me a “what’s up” to firstname.lastname@example.org It kind of makes me feel like a professional! Which led me to the fact that…
- I hate messy inbox’s and I hate feeling like I am the cause of those messy inbox’s with my updates every time I post. Soooooo, I am going to switch it up and stop sending an email to my subscribers each time a new post goes live (4-6 times a week!!!) and instead send out one weekly recap post on Sundays. Now, while I work the kinks out you *might* get both. I’m so sorry about that in advance! Bear with me while I get all the bugs out and get this new system rolling like a well oiled machine! Speaking of well oiled…
- Some of you might have seen a pop-up when you visited my site. I know, I hate them too. This one is a little different. It isn’t an ad and I don’t make any money from it. It’s whole purpose is to help me collect your name and email for this awesome new weekly recap that I’m doing. So sign up! And don’t worry, right now it is set to only pop up on you once. ever. that might change someday, but if it does, I’ll let you know. In case you dismissed it without reading it, or you’ve changed your mind and now I’ve convinced you that you totally want to get my weekly recap post, don’t worry. you can still subscribe via the box on my sidebar (which might have a new look one of these days)!
- Speaking of new look, did you see my new branding! I spent some serious hours fine tuning it until I got it just how I wanted. I am so totally in love with the softer (yet still vibrant) colors and the almost feminine font. It makes my little heart go pitter patter. I’m hoping you love it too. I also updated some of my categories on the side bar over there —> so things are organized a little bit better now I hope!
- Last one I promise! I am going to be sharing a little bit of my awesomeness every single month over at Brassy Apple! I recently accepted her kid/family contributor position and so every, single month I am going to be sharing a fun and new post! My first one will be up next Friday, so be on the lookout!
Phew! That was more than a quick note wasn’t it? I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to mislead you. I just wanted to share all my exciting behind the scenes changes and keep you in the know about what’s going on and why things are a little different (but mostly the same). Let me know in the comments how you feel about things. Do you like the new colors? The idea of less emails to sort through? Or do you hate it all? Well, if you hate it don’t tell me…I want to live in a magical place where unicorns cry rainbow tears and everyone loves all the same things I do!
P.S. don’t google image search the phrase “unicorns crying rainbow tears” unless you are prepared for what might pop up.