I received a Blendtec Blender to review and create recipes with. I only promote brands and products that I really love, so rest assured this relationship, it’s for reals.
It’s no secret that I am a coffee addict. I’m also not a millionaire so swinging through my local coffee drive through isn’t always an option for my budget. Luckily I’ve been toiling away in the kitchen this summer to come up with the perfect at home frappuccino recipe to share with you. Even better, there are only 4 ingredients!
Basic Frappuccino Recipe
- 1 tbsp instant coffee in enough hot water to dissolve it (I like the Starbucks Via brand)
- 1/2 box vanilla instant pudding powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 16 oz cup of ice
Start by dissolving your instant coffee in hot water. I used about 1/4 cup of water (and a lot of stirring) to get my coffee fully dissolved.
Then add it to your Blendtec. Then pour in your milk and half a package of instant pudding powder. Maybe you are wondering why in the world you are mixing pudding powder in. Well, your frappucino needs a thickener and a sweetener. The pudding mix acts as both. For the basic recipe I use a vanilla pudding base, but stay tuned below for other amazing ideas. Finally fill whatever cup you are going to be drinking from with ice. You can be a real addict like me and use coffee cubes (just regular coffee frozen into ice cube trays) however regular ice works just as well! Then you are going to push the smoothie button on your Blendtec. In case you want to be like me, I have this model specifically.
I am absolutely in love with this machine, not only because it allows me to make the best frozen blended coffee out there, but also because it takes ALL the guess work out of how long to do it. Once you push the button a little countdown timer appears on the screen. You might be tempted (I totally was) to stop your blending before the timer runs out, but if you do your drink won’t be smooth and pourable. More like a realllllly thick mess. So just wait the additional 34 seconds until it’s done. Once it’s done simply pour it into your cup and enjoy!
Maybe a plain frappuccino isn’t your jam. Maybe you like it chocolatier, or without coffee (who are you!?!), don’t worry I have some options for you too! Heads up, some of these links are affiliate links.
- Strawberries & Cream Frappuccino – Omit the coffee and substitute strawberry instant pudding.
- Mocha Cookie Frappuccino – Use this Oreo cookie pudding mix and drizzle with chocolate sauce at the end.
- Caramel Frappuccino – Add a hefty swirl of caramel sauce to your frap after blending and stir it in.
- Chocolate Chip Frappuccino – Use a vanilla chocolate chip pudding mix instead of plain vanilla.
- White Chocolate Frappuccino – Use this white chocolate pudding mix instead of plain vanilla.