Learn How to Create a French Country Inspired Stenciled Burlap Table Runner for Fall.
This table runner is a Quick & Easy DIY project with no sewing involved.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Deco Art Americana Decor Stencil, The French Inn
- Black Paint
- Roll of Burlap
- Removable Painter’s Tape
- Stencil Brush
- Black Lace Trim
- Fabri Tac Glue
- Make sure to lay paper down before stenciling on burlap.
- Tape around stencil with removable painter’s tape so that the stencil won’t move.
- Using a stencil brush, dip just the tip of your brush into the paint. Tap off excess paint.
- Stenciling is a “dry” brush technique.
- Apply paint with stencil brush in a straight up and down motion called stippling.
- Clean Stencil between each image.
- Glue lace trim onto each edge of the runner using Fabri Tac glue.
Because I really liked how the table runner turned out…
I decided to create a pillow for the comfy chair in my dining room.
I used muslin as a lining for the burlap and on the reverse side of the pillow.
(The pillow, of course, consisted of some sewing.)
If you like the stenciled burlap runner project here’s a few more projects you might like
from my blog www.sueeldred.com