A Quick and Easy Etched Glass Project
I picked up some sweet green parfait glasses at a estate sale awhile back.
I’ve been wanting to do something special with them and thought they’d look cute with some polka dots.
I mean who doesn’t like polka dots?
The Polka Dot Parfait glass is a project you can make in under a half hour.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Parfait Glasses
- Etchall Etching Crème
- Squegee Tool
- Etchmask™ vinyl
- Standard 1/4″ Hole Punch
- Removable Painters Tape
- Measure the width of your parfait glass. Cut the vinyl to fit around glass.
- Using a standard hole punch, punch random holes onto the vinyl to create a polka dot pattern.
- Wrap the vinyl around the side of the parfait glass.
- Make sure to burnish the vinyl to get out air bubbles and to make sure the all edges all down.
- Wrap additional areas around the glass with removable painters tape to protect the area from splatters.
- Apply a thick coat of Etchall® etching crème over the polka dots using the squeegee. (more is better)
- Wait 15 minutes. Scrape excess etching crème from the side of the glass and return extra etching crème back into the bottle. (it’s reusable)
- Rinse glass with warm water to clean.
- Remove Stencil and dry.
- Wash glass thoroughly before using.
For A light and Festive Holiday Treat try adding crushed Candy Canes to vanilla ice cream.
- Place ice cream back into freezer to set up.
- Don’t forget to save some crushed candy canes to sprinkle on top.
If you liked my Polka Dot Peppermint Parfait check out more Holiday Projects from www.sueeldred.com.