Who is ready for Christmas? I know that I am!
Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love presents and spending time with my family. And if you have kids of your own, you know how amazing it is to watch their eyes light up when they see that Santa has been to their house!
One of my favorite memories is from when Zachary was 3. Santa had brought him a Radio Flyer tricycle and I couldn’t wait to see his face. He walked out into the living room and as soon as he saw it he started to cry. He was saying, “No, it’s too much!” ohhh…. how it broke my heart and I was so happy at the same time. He was so excited after he relaxed and started opening presents, and he rode the heck out of the tricycle!
But now, let’s talk about food! Because that is why I am here, right?
So who doesn’t love Tater Tot Casserole? I LOVE tater tot casserole and if it were healthier I would eat it weekly! But this Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole brings it to an entirely new level. An amazing level!
Another easy meal to make, because that is my style! You first start with browning your burger.
I just take a handful of softened tater tots and toss them in with the burger and crush them up to make a thicker filling.
Then I add my enchilada sauce
and the soups
Mix together and add some shredded cheese
Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan
Cover with tater tots
Sprinkle with cheese and bake
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 bag of tater tots
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can of Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet cooking until soft. (set aside)
- Add hamburger to skillet and brown, drain. Mix in taco seasoning and cook for another 2 minutes. Add in cooked onions and garlic and combine.
- Pour the can of enchilada sauce and the soups into the hamburger and cook for an additional for 2 minutes.
- Put the mixture into a 9×13 greased pan and top with tater tots.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and add the olives.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the tater tots are browned.
One thing I would do the next time is add more tater tots! I don’t think there could ever be too many tater tots! So with Christmas just next week, I hope you’ll give this a try! Merry Christmas friends!