Fall has to be one of my favorite times of year and one of the best parts of fall is the yummy food!! I love simple recipes that taste amazing and these goat cheese, spinach and caramelized onion bruschetta are exactly that! They
We watch a lot of football in my house, and with football comes snacks. Every once in a while we try to fancy it up and this bruschetta is definitely fancy! It’s also super easy to make and no one will know that it takes less than an hour start to finish. The rich flavors of caramelized onions are one of my favorites and when combined with the sweet honey goat cheese, well my mouth is already watering!
- One loaf of baguette bread, sliced into ½ inches
- 5oz of honey goat cheese, softened
- 5 whole onions, sliced and caramelized
- 1 ¼ cup of spinach, chopped
- 10-12oz jar of artichokes, drained and chopped
- ½ teaspoon of herbs de Provence
- Pinch of salt (or as desired)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. In a medium pan heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add in spinach and artichokes, stir for a few minutes until spinach begins to wilt. Lower heat if necessary. Add in salt and herbs de Provence, stir for 30 more seconds. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly.
2. In this order, over the sliced baguette, you will add one teaspoon of the softened goat cheese and spread it. Over the cheese you will add one teaspoon of spinach and artichoke mixture, gently distribute to cover the cheese and make it even. Finally, you will add one teaspoon of caramelized onion over the spinach mixture.
Makes 20-24 bruschettas.