Summer time is the right time to whip out all those zucchini recipes you’ve been pinning during the rest of the year. Things like zucchini taco rolls, zucchini bread, and now this baked crab and zoodle casserole! My husband works for a tribe out here on the Washington coast and even though we get a plentiful amount of salmon, crab is processed at a different location so it seems like such a treat when we do get some!
This dish is straight outta bounds for flavor and scores some serious bonus points on the sneaky vegetable front. So even though my kids might have complained about the crab, they didn’t even notice the zoodles weren’t noodles.
I swear sometimes I’ll take what I can get with them. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have minded if I had used chicken so I’ll probably try this one again with chicken instead of crab and see what they think about that. Although, they’ll probably notice the zoodles that way and then I’ll be in the same place I started. Ah, the joys of parenthood!
Baked Crab and Zoodle Casseole
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- 12 ounces of imitation or real crab, chopped
- 1 cup of alfredo sauce
- 1 and 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of old bay seasoning
- 1/3 cup of ricotta cheese
- ¼ of a lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take zucchini that has been spiralized and with a cheese cloth, squeeze out excess liquid from zucchini. If desired, cut zoodles to 6-inch lengths.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, minus 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Put mixture into a large oven pan. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly golden brown.