I’m such a sucker for a good side dish, and this Greek rice salad really hits the spot. In my younger years I was a vegetarian (9 years!) and even still we veer off into the vegetarian side of things every so often. There are only so many green salads to make, and having a good variety of sides is always a win in my book.
This Greek rice salad is a perfect compliment to a nice roasted chicken or barbecued meat and in my opinion goes especially well with anything cooked in this Korean barbecue sauce.
Greek Rice Salad
- 4 cup cooked long grain rice
- ½ medium cucumber, chopped
- ¼ medium red onion, chopped
- 6 cocktail sized tomatoes, chopped
- ½ 6 oz. can of small black olives, halved
- 4 oz. container of Feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Cook rice according to directions to get 4 cooked cups.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.