It’s almost time for the Super Bowl and I am done being sad my team didn’t make it to the playoffs and ready to watch the big game like a normal person. Which means, with lots of food! This recipe is amazing!
One of my husbands favorite food are buffalo chicken wings, and I love that this recipe is so much healthier than those deep fried wings! You can add more heat if you want, or keep it mellow for those spice hating people in your life (do they really belong with you at all??) This recipe also works great as a hearty dip if you pop it in a casserole dish and bake it until golden and bubbly.
- 1 ½ pounds of boneless chicken tenders or breast
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon of salt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper, more to taste
- 1/3 cup of buffalo sauce
- 2 teaspoons of ranch seasoning
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup of ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 baguette loaf, cut into 1 inch slices
- Additional buffalo sauce
- Chopped Green Onions
- Crumbled Blue Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Season chicken with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of slat, and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Place into the oven for 15-20 or until chicken has cooked through. Put chicken to the side and allow it to cool slightly. Once chicken has cooled, give it a rough chop.
2. In a large bowl, add in all of the ingredients (except for the baguette), mix it until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Over medium high heat, add baguette to a grill or stove top grill pan, grease pan if necessary. Grill baguette on both sides until it has slight grill marks. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of buffalo mixture to each baguette slice. Garnish with additional buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumbles, and chopped green onions -if desired.